Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Promise the world and deliver Tasmania

I realised at 2.52am on Tuesday morning that I had forgotten to send you my thought of the day for Monday. I apologise for that.

But my failure has spawned my thought for the day for Tuesday:

An advertisement is a promise made to the consumer about their experience with the product or service.

Does your organisation promise the world, then deliver Tasmania? (No disrespect to Tasmania, but it is not the world.)

You don't have to use ads to make promises - we make promises in all sorts of ways everyday. In marketing literature. In sales presentations.

Customers remember them, even if you don't.

Always try to deliver a baker's dozen. Deliver more than you promise. It delights customers and they remember it.

No comments: