Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Friday, June 30, 2006

In your face outdoors

Hi,

Outdoor can be shotgun. But it can also be very contextual. Jon Maxim provides the following examples of outdoor used with sniper-like accuracy.

"Outdoor is an interesting one from a DM position.
My example of outdoor as a 'directional', response driven medium is
McDonalds.
How often have you been on a long trip, driving to (say) Canberra. A poster
says '145km to Maccas', and you think "Yeah, I can wait...!"
I also remember going to the Volkswagen headquarters in Sydney. Arriving
early, I parked my bum in a bus shelter to have a cigarette. I looked up,
and there was a poster saying 'Welcome to Volkswagen's Australian
headquarters'.
Singleton's also use the bus shelters outside their offices to showcase
their latest campaigns.
Finally, I remember a story about a client who wanted 10 new customers. They
had $100k to spend.
So they bought billboards opposite the offices of the ten clients they
wanted. Imagine the power of 'Michael Kiely: we want your business' in your
face for a month!"

Cheers!

Michael Kiely

No comments: