Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Flowers for my Dad? Nice idea, Interflora

I received this email from Interflora...

"Dear Michael

It’s time again to think of a present for Dad, and let’s face it, he probably already has a shed full of power tools!"

Flowers would be appropriate for my Dad. He's dead.

The eletter ends: "Leave it to the experts this Father’s Day – Interflora." Experts with flowers, not database marketing.

When I worked at O&M and American Express was carpet-bombing Australia with letters that started: "Frankly the American Express Card is not for everyone..." Amex was sending card offers to dead people. Elderly widows would write their pleas in shakey handwriting: "How many times must I tell you: He's DEAD! Please stop."

We had these sorry Return To Senders pinned on the kitchen notice board. I took little interest then. I know now what we were doing to people.

Cheers!

Michael

No comments: