Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Saturday, July 15, 2006

"I was abducted by aliens!"

... And that's why I missed Friday's "Thought". Anyway they didn't make me have sex with anyone on the flying saucer.

Many popular (read: trashy) publications and programs have headlines like the one above... And your press release and your product story has to compete with that. A good publicist does the editor's job for them. They think like an editor. They think: "How can I spin this story to appeal to this readership? Could aliens abduct my client?"

Most failed attempts to get coverage in the media fail for one of two reasons:

1. There is insufficient excitement in the product story.
2. There is no attempt to make the story relevant to the audience.

Most press releases I have received in my 20+ years are as exciting and enticing as cold cabbage.

Read your company's press releases. What are they like? Do they excite you?

Cheers!

Michael Kiely

No comments: