Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Price of Everything

Hi,

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Socialite: My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course...
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
Churchill: Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.

Two things happened to me in the last 2 days: 1. I was interviewed on ABC702 this morning about ambush marketing re Allan Border's resignation as an Australian test cricket selector yesterday (because he is fronting a beach cricket promotion for XXXX this season and VB "own" the test team). 2. On the flight back from the USA, I saw the movie Forty Legends starring comedian Ahn Do (and some of the turtles from our farm - Ahn's co-writer and wife Suzy is a friend of my daughter Jessica). In the movie Ahn's team of losers look like coming out on top when the sleazy coach of their biggest rival tries to poach the unemployed Ahn with an offer of a full time job (which would put an end to Child Welfare's attempt to take his little sister from his care - heart-breaking stuff). Of course, Ahn sticks with his mates and they win the day. Lesson for the kiddies: true loyalty can't be bought. But is that only in the movies? Has marketing put a price on everything?

Michael

No comments: