Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Sunday, June 03, 2007

The reverse sell

Hi,

Here's 2 installments to make up for shakey start this week:

The anti-sales tactic that sells: i went to the Apple Shop to buy a new computer after my big crash. The salesman refused to sell me a new computer. SO I said I'd need an external hard drive to back up my files. He refused to sell me a hard drive, saying his were too expensive for what I wanted. He told me there were cheaper drives available down the road. I insisted on paying $400 for an external hard drive, plus books and accessories... Though not a computer. The more he said he didn't want to sell me something, the more I wanted it.

Michael

Entry 2:

Woke to this news: Sydney temperatures up 7°C by 2070. Bushfires will double. Rainfall to decline by 40°C. The coastline to be hit by 110-metre storm surges by 2100. Doom and gloom. How much of this can consumers take before it freaks them out? These reports are going to increase in frequency. And so are bush fires and wind storms and water shortages... The weather is hard to ignore. My solution: Start talking to your customers about the issue now. Start talking about managing risk, planning to adapt, to protect the future. This gives them a sense of hope that the worst isn't inevitable. Governments can't lead. Brands have to lead.

Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that rainfall to decrease by 40 percent?