Well not really 'a day'. In fact it doesn't specify which day. Just "A DAY". You will get a 'thought' when there is one worth getting. Maybe I should rename the site "Try to have a thought a day" YOU CAN HAVE 'MARKETING THOUGHT A DAY' RSS FEEDBLITZ EMAILED TO YOU BY VISITING WWW.MICHAELKIELYMARKETING.COM.AU AND SIGNING ON FOR THE SERVICE. (Not every day, thought. You won't ready them all.)

Monday, March 31, 2008

I just bought my first PC and I hate it

I am an Mac guy. Have been since 1985 when Apple had just launched Macintosh. I introduced Macs to a multinational ad agency network in 1985, a contract worth squillions. 23 years and 15-25 Macs later (personal and family machines), I was forced to buy a PC because of this special purpose software I have to use. Apple abandoned me by not having a solution that kept me in the fold. I think PCs are shitty, third rate machines that defy logic and can't do simple things. But I am now exposed to the Dark Side - Emperor Gates's plans to dominate the world. What is the point of building loyalty if you leave your customer hanging, short of an application?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Mate!
You should have called me! You didn't have to buy a PeeCee. There are several Mac based alternatives. One is called Bootcamp (which comes free with the latest Mac OS). You create a partition on your hard drive, install Windoz and restart your system and Bob's you Uncle.
Another alternative is VMFusion, which when installed lets you run Windoz in a Mac Window. Both require you to have a copy of Windoz - It's almost impossible to get a copy XP - I got an OEM version off the net. Stay away from Vistarg

The Mac, now running on Intel chip, lets Windoz run natively in Bootcamp so you get all the power of the Mac. VMFusion is a emulator (that's how they get Windoz in a Window), so you give up some speed and graphics. You can't play high end games in VMFusion, but you can in Bootcamp.

At last count, the Mac can run 50+ operating systems. When Jobs sold the Unix based Next operating system to Apple it allowed them to base the Mac OS on Unix. That is the reason there is an entire universe of operating systems that will run on a Mac.

Return your PeeCee now and install Bootcamp.